Minimum system requirements
- Windows-based PC* with DVD drive and mouse
- Microsoft Windows® 8, 7, Vista, or XP SP3 (32 bit) operating system
- 512MB RAM (Windows® XP), 1GB RAM (Windows® Vista and 32-bit Windows 7® and 8) or 2GB RAM (For 64-bit Windows® 7 and 8)
- 665MB free hard disk space, 1GB free hard disk space for download install (additional space required during installation)
- Resolution of 1024 x 768 (at 100% scaling)
- Windows-compatible printer.
- TWAIN compatible scanner and/or digital camera
- Pressure-sensitive pen tablet
- Internet account and connection required for accessing online resources
- Additional disk resources and memory are required when editing large and/or complex images
- To enjoy the full benefits of brushes and their textures, your computer should use a processor that supports SSE. SSE2 is supported by almost all processors sold since 2003. On brush selection, an onscreen message will indicate if your computer is non-SSE.
* Main processor must support SSE2 instructions.
Detailed Feature Comparison
|Serif DrawPlus X8||Adobe Illustrator CC||CorelDRAW X7 Graphics Suite||Xara Photo & Graphic Designer 10|
|Enjoy an enhanced workflow|
|Feed based Startup Assistant||Yes||Yes||No||No|
|High DPI support||Yes||Yes||Yes||No|
|Restore Last Session||Yes||No||No||Yes|
|Natively supports 32 and 64-bit computers||Yes||Yes||Yes||No|
|Customisable keyboard shortcuts||Yes||Yes||Yes||No|
|Create and save custom workspace profiles||Yes||Yes||Yes||No|
|Context-sensitive, on-screen How To tab||Yes||No||Yes||No|
|Create professional documents|
|Smart Sizing and rotating||Yes||No||No||No|
|Presentations with Rostrum Camera for panning and transitioning animations||Yes||No||No||No|
|Spot-colour and process colour-separations||Yes||Yes||Yes||No|
|Design custom colour palettes||Yes||Yes||Yes||No|
|PANTONE® colour libraries||Yes||Yes||Yes||No|
|Blend Modes for creative effects on overlapping objects||Yes||Yes||Yes||No|
|Work with layers to separate objects||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Use master pages to easily reproduce design elements||Yes||No||Yes||No|
|Add ready-made artwork to your designs||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|End-to-end CMYK document support||Yes||Yes||Yes||No|
|Use powerful drawing tools and design features|
|B-Spline Curves Tool for simpler curve creation||Yes||No||Yes||No|
|Replicate Tool for easy creation of Repeating objects in columns and rows||Yes||No||No||No|
|Flooding areas between intersecting curves||Yes||Yes||Yes||No|
|Vector Pattern fills||Yes||Yes||Yes||No|
|Contours for cool tiered effects||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|AutoTrace Studio for instantly converting images to vector||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Draw using editable QuickShapes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Shape Builder Tool for merging shapes||Yes||Yes||No||No|
|Targeted insert for drawing in front of, inside and behind objects||Yes||Yes||No||No|
|Blend Tool for blending objects together||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Blend along a custom path||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Multi-level Solo Mode for isolating objects||Yes||Yes||No||Yes|
|Instantly convert 2D objects into 3D||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Create pseudo-3D artwork by drawing across planes||Yes||Yes||Yes||No|
|Shadow Tool for adding shadow to objects||Yes||No||Yes||Yes|
|Professional Filter Effects||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Non-destructive Graphic Styles for pre-set effects||Yes||Yes||No||No|
|Set a drawing scale||Yes||No||Yes||Yes|
|Connector Tool for annotating charts, diagrams and plans||Yes||No||Yes||No|
|Dimension tool for displaying distance||Yes||Yes||Yes||No|
|Pixel Grid for pixel-perfect editing||Yes||Yes||Yes||No|
|Paint with realistic natural brushes and media||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Pressure Studio for calibrating graphics tablets||Yes||No||No||No|
|Spray brushes for adding photo-realistic effects||Yes||Yes||Yes||No|
|Edit and enhance images|
|Essential Image editing tools||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Non-destructive photo adjustments and effects||Yes||No||Yes||Yes|
|Transform images into art||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Image Cutout Studio for extracting backgrounds||Yes||No||Yes||Yes|
|Design artistic text and layouts|
|Realtime font previewing||Yes||No||Yes||Yes|
|OpenType font support||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Multi-lingual spell check||Yes||Yes||Yes||No|
|Wrap text around objects||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Flow text along a custom path||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Create keyframe and stopframe animations||Yes||No||Stopframe Only||Yes|
|Supports onion skinning for viewing previous frames||Yes||No||No||No|
|Share and collaborate|
|PDF import and editing||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Export animations as SWF, MPG, MOV, AVI, WMV||Yes||No||No||SWF and AVI only|
|Supersampling for high quality exports||Yes||Yes||No||No|
|SVG import and export||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Import Adobe® Photoshop® File Import||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Import Adobe® Illustrator® and EPS files||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|List Price||£89.99||£205.72 / per year||£479.00||£69.00|
Serif believes the information in the comparison to be reasonably reliable but does not guarantee its accuracy. Consumers are solely responsible for verifying the claims.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Is DrawPlus fully 64-bit compatible?
- Yes, a 64-bit version will be automatically installed on compatible computers.
- Can I import PDF files?
- DrawPlus lets you import PDF files as if they are new drawings. Imported text, shapes and images can be edited depending on your PDF file.
- What file formats can be imported?
- As well as Adobe Illustrator AI files, you can import SVGs and Serif’s own SMF file format. Common graphic file formats, including RAW images, can be opened as drawings.
- What kind of line tools and shapes are available?
- Pencil, Pen, and Straight Line tools make great line art, while QuickShapes offer multiple shape variations.
- I love digital painting. Can DrawPlus do this?
- DrawPlus has over 200 brushes spread across ten categories (Draw, Paint, Photo, and Spray, to name a few!). If you’re feeling creative, you can create your very own stroke or spray brushes too.
- Does DrawPlus allow you to turn images and sketches into vector artwork?
- Yes, the AutoTrace Studio can automatically convert photos, logos and hand drawn artwork into editable vector artwork.
- Can text flow along paths?
- DrawPlus lets you type directly along any curved line, shape outline, or even within a shape.
- How do I cut out my pictures?
- DrawPlus’ Cutout Studio lets you cut out an object or any image from its background by using ‘keep’ and ‘discard’ brushes. Brush strokes will snap to image edges for precise image cuts.
- What image effects are available?
- For eye-catching effects, pick from categories including Distort, Blur, Sharpen, Edge, Artistic, Noise, and Render.
Printing and Exporting
- What choices do I have to output my artwork?
- DrawPlus’s Preview and Print/Publish features let you output to your desktop printer or create screen-ready or press-ready professional PDFs.
- How do I export my drawing?
- The Export Optimizer lets you see how your drawing looks and how large it is before you save it. Its multi-window display provides side-by-side WYSIWYG previews of image quality at various output settings, so you can make the best choice every time!
- Does DrawPlus support animation?
- Yes, DrawPlus supports both stopframe and keyframe animation, either from scratch, or after you convert an existing DrawPlus drawing.
For more FAQs, online How Tos, and Troubleshooting articles, visit CommunityPlus.
We’re 100% sure you’ll love any purchase you make from Serif, but if you’re not completely satisfied, simply return your product within thirty days (fourteen days if you downloaded) and we promise you a full refund.