Minimum system requirements
- Windows-based PC* with DVD drive and mouse
- Microsoft Windows® 8, 7, Vista, or XP SP3 (32 bit) operating system
- 512MB RAM (1GB RAM for 64-bit operation)
- 448MB free hard disk space (including PhotoPlus Organizer)
- 1024 x 768 monitor resolution (DPI 100%)
- Additional disk resources and memory are required when editing large and/or complex documents
- To fully enjoy the enhancements in X7, a multi-core processor, 64-bit edition of Windows 8/7/Vista, and 3GB or more RAM are recommended
- Windows-compatible printer
- Scanner and/or digital camera (TWAIN/WIA compatible)
- Pen (graphics) tablet
- Internet account and connection required for product updates and accessing online resources
* Main processor must support SSE2 instructions.
Detailed Feature Comparison
|Corel PaintShop Pro X6
|Software you can buy and install without subscription||Yes||No||Yes|
|Compatible with Windows XP and Vista||Yes||No||Yes|
|Compatible with Windows 7, 8 and 8.1||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Startup Assistant with Live Tutorial Feed||No||No||Yes|
|High Quality Image Display (Resampled)||Yes||Limited||Yes|
|Interactive How To Tab (or Guided Editing)||Limited||No||Yes|
|Photo Studio Toolbar||Yes||No||Yes|
|Undo History Tab||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Customisable Toolbars and Keyboard Shortcuts||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Includes Photo Organiser||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Popular Photo Fixes|
|Instant Fix Red Eye Removal||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|PhotoFix Studio (with 1-click Presets)||Yes||No presets||Yes|
|Lens Correction Studio||No||Yes||Yes|
|Blemish Removal and Patch Tools||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Advanced 'Lanczos3 Window' Image Resizing||No||No||Yes|
|Depth of Field Blur||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Clone Tool (with Advanced Controls for Better Repairing)||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Professional 16-bits Channel RGB Mode||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Professional CIELAB Colour Mode (Lab Mode Editing)||No||Yes||Yes|
|Professional 16-bit Greyscale Colour Mode||No||Yes||Yes|
|Adjustment Layers (Non-destructive Editing)||13||16||15|
|Native 64-bit Version Available||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Supports TWAIN Scanner Drivers in 64-bit Edition||Yes||No||Yes|
|Before/After Split Screen Editing||Limited dual view||No||Yes|
|Fully Featured Layer Masks||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Freeform RGB-mode Curve Editing||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Freeform Lab-mode Curve Editing||No||Yes||Yes|
|Professional Blend Modes||16||26||22|
|Record Your Own Actions (Macros)||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Batch-process Edits Using Your Own Actions (Macros)||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Image Cutout Studio||Extract tool||No||Yes|
|Warp Studio (Liquify)||No||Yes||Yes|
|Print Studio (For Multiple Images)||Limited||No||Yes|
|Pixel Grid for Close Zoom Editing||No||Yes||Yes|
|Clarity Adjustment (with Smoothing Mode)||Yes||Raw only||Yes|
|Draw Vector Shapes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Filter Layers (Non-destructive Filter Effects Editing)||No||Yes||Yes|
|Black and White Film Effect||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Retro Photo and Colour Effects||Limited||No||Yes|
|Tilt Shift Effect||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Effects Gallery (Stacking Multiple Effects)||One effect only||Yes||Yes|
|Image Export Optimizer||Limited||Limited||Yes|
|JPEG XR Support||No||No||Yes|
|Edit Animated GIFs||No||Yes||Yes|
|Edit Adobe® Photoshop® PSD Files||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|List Price||£59.99||£8.78 per month||£79.99|
Serif believes the information in the comparison to be reasonably reliable but does not guarantee its accuracy. Consumers are solely responsible for verifying the claims.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Is PhotoPlus X7 fully 64-bit compatible?
- Yes, a 64-bit version will automatically be installed on compatible computers.
- Can my graphic file be imported?
- PhotoPlus lets you import a massive range of standard graphic and photo file formats, including Photoshop® PSD files.
- Is my camera’s Raw format supported by PhotoPlus X7?
- PhotoPlus’s Raw support is extensive with over 500 camera models supported.
- How do I use Raw Studio for Raw image manipulation
- Raw Studio is integrated into PhotoPlus for processing Raw images on import. A combination of tools for exposure and white balance control, along with highlight recovery, noise reduction, and more, let you take full control of your photo. PhotoPlus also lets you reapply settings saved from your first adjusted Raw file to subsequent files.
- Can I crop images to various sizes?
- PhotoPlus not only lets you crop to common print sizes (e.g. 7 x 5), but also crop to pixel. The latter is ideal for creating accurate web graphics.
- How do I remove red eye?
- PhotoPlus offers single-click red eye removal, either using the Red-Eye Tool or via PhotoFix, a powerful studio environment for photo adjustment.
- I’m interested in using PhotoFix – What does it do?
- PhotoFix is an integrated retouch and adjustment studio for quick and intuitive photo correction. Other adjustments also allow you to fix contrast and levels with one click.
- How versatile are the selection tools?
- PhotoPlus selection tools let you create selection areas based on text, brush strokes, and shapes. Colour-based selection gives incredible editing power, so you can adjust specific areas of photos with ease.
- Can I create caption text?
- Text can be added as an independent layer. This means you can add caption, copyrights, and other messages in any font and size, exactly where you want it.
- Can I cut out my image to place something over a completely new background?
- Yes. PhotoPlus’s Cutout Studio is used to simply paint regions that you want to keep or discard. Brush strokes will snap to edges for precise cuts, and you can blend edges against any new background.
- Does PhotoPlus offer non-destructive adjustments and filters?
- Both adjustment layers and filter layers are important concepts in PhotoPlus. These let you apply an adjustment or filter that can be revisited and altered, or disabled, without affecting the original image. You can also carry out other edits on these adjustments like normal image layers.
- I want to apply the same operations to all my photos. Do I have to do them one at a time?
- No! With batch processing you can repeat tasks such as image resizing, converting and changing file names all at the same time without user intervention. When used in conjunction with recorded actions (ready-made and custom macros) the possibilities are endless.
- I’ve seen information about layers, masks, and other pro tools. Do I have to learn how to use these?
- Not if you don’t want to. PhotoPlus X7 is extremely powerful but thankfully also quite simple to use. You can carry out image adjustments, corrections, and many popular fixes very easily, and move on to using layers, masks, blend modes and other advanced tools and techniques as required. Tutorials are available via the new Startup Assistant any time you want to master photo editing techniques.
- What’s Lab colour mode? Is it useful to me?
- Lab is a colour space based on human vision, containing more colours than the usual red/green/blue (RGB) model. Lab mode is a powerful addition to PhotoPlus that is useful for enhancing colour and contrast and, because it’s based on the way we perceive colour, some adjustments can be achieved in a more natural way. Images are still saved in RGB colour so that everyone else can open them!
- What photo effects would be available to me?
- Pick from categories such as Distort, Blur, Sharpen, Artistic, Noise, and stylish Rendered effects. Also make use of your third-party Photoshop® plug-ins, Deform, Warp, and powerful 2D/3D filter effects.
- How can I give my photos that WOW factor?
- PhotoPlus’s Filter Gallery is an easy to use Studio packed with different effect categories. Effects are compelling and great fun to use!
- I’d like to try HDR merge. Does PhotoPlus support this?
- Yes! PhotoPlus lets you merge several "bracketed" photos (taken at different exposure levels), which lets you produce an output image with a very wide tonal range.
Printing and Sharing
- What choices do I have to print and share?
- PhotoPlus’s powerful Print Studio can output single images, contact sheets, artistic layouts, and paper-saving layouts. Alternatively, create screen-ready or press-ready professional PDFs from your project. The PhotoPlus Organizer installed with PhotoPlus gives you more sharing options including uploading pictures to Facebook® and Flickr®.
- How do I export my image?
- The Export Optimizer lets you see how your image will look (and how much space it will take up) before you save it! Its multi-window display provides side-by-side previews of image quality at various output settings, so you can make the best choice every time!
For more FAQs, online How Tos, and Troubleshooting articles, visit CommunityPlus.
We’re 100% sure you’ll love any purchase you make with us, but if you’re not completely satisfied, simply return your product within thirty days (seven days if you downloaded) and we promise you a full refund.