Minimum system requirements
- Windows-based PC* with DVD drive and mouse
- Microsoft Windows® 8, 7, Vista, or XP SP3 (32 bit) operating system
- 1GB RAM
- 340MB free hard disk space
- 1024 x 768 monitor resolution (DPI 100%)
- Internet account and connection required for publishing to web and accessing online resources.
- Internet Explorer 8
- 560MB free hard disk space
- Additional disk resources and memory are required when editing large and/or complex documents.
- Internet Explorer 9 (for better HTML5 compatibility)
- Windows-compatible printer
- TWAIN-compatible scanner and/or digital camera
* Main processor must support SSE2 instructions.
Detailed Feature Comparison
|Freedom of Use|
|Software you can buy and use without ongoing subscription||Yes||No||Yes|
|Includes 64-bit version||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Supports Windows 8 and Windows 7||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Supports Windows Vista and XP||Yes||No||Yes|
|Create as many websites with as many pages as you want||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|HTML5 output compatible with add-ons and widgets||Limited||Yes||Yes|
|Publish to any web space||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Easy to Use Web Design Features|
|Accurate WYSIWYG visual designing without using HTML||Yes||Limited||Yes|
|Royalty-free website templates||Yes||No||Yes|
|Mobile website templates||No||No||Yes|
|Quick Build tab; drag and drop web page designing||Limited||Limited||Yes|
|Google Maps||As inserted HTML||No||Yes|
|Instant forms with free data processing||No||No||Yes|
|New site wizard||No||No||Yes|
|Custom navbar builder and button design studio||Basic||No||Yes|
|PhotoLab for one-click edits and advanced fine tuning||No||No||Yes|
|Automatic image optimisation||Limited||No||Yes|
|Built-in drawing tools||Limited||No||Yes|
|Automatic colour scheme designer||No||No||Yes|
|Facebook, Twitter and Google+ buttons||As inserted HTML||No||Yes|
|Animated banners and hover popups (aka sliders)||As a Widget||No||Yes|
|Animated photo galleries including live Flickr gallery||As Widgets||No||Yes|
|Drag and drop YouTube and Vimeo videos||No||No||Yes|
|Smart website layout guides||Yes||No||Yes|
|Accommodation booker and manager||No||No||Yes|
|Buy now, add to cart, subscribe and donate features||No||No||Yes|
|Sell digital downloads||No||No||Yes|
|Integration with Google AdSense||As inserted HTML||No||Yes|
|Advanced Search Engine Optimisation (SEO)||Basic||Basic||Yes|
|Site search||As inserted HTML||Yes||Yes|
|Mailing lists (email address submission)||No||No||Yes|
|Passworded site security||No||Yes||Yes|
|Shockwave/Flash import with advanced customisation||Basic||Yes||Yes|
|HTML5 video player with customisable design||No||By hand coding||Yes|
|Publishing and Site Management|
|W3C standards compliant||Yes||By hand coding||Yes|
|Automated site checker||Limited||No||Yes|
|Preview in any web browser||Limited||Yes||Yes|
|List Price||$99.99||$19.99 per month||$119.99|
Serif believes the information in the comparison to be reasonably reliable but does not guarantee its accuracy. Consumers are solely responsible for verifying the claims.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What versions of Windows does WebPlus X7 work with? Does it work with 32-bit and 64-bit editions?
- Yes! WebPlus X7 is available in both 32-bit and native 64-bit versions, so you can install and use WebPlus X7 on 32- or 64-bit editions of Windows 8, 7, and Vista, plus 32-bit editions of Microsoft Windows XP.
- You don’t mention what processor is required for WebPlus X7, will it run on my old computer?
- If your computer already runs Windows and your processor supports SSE2, you’ll be able to run WebPlus X7. All you really need in order to use all of WebPlus X7’s web design power is some hard disk space, a screen, a mouse or other pointer device, and an Internet connection for publishing your site.
Web design and publishing
- Do I need to have web design experience? Do I need to know any HTML or do any coding?
- No! WebPlus does not require that you know or use any web coding, or that you have designed a website before. It offers you an easy, visual way to build pages and websites with varied content and features. You can start with a template or from scratch, customise your site with drag and drop simplicity, then publish! There’s even a Site Checker to look for and automatically fix any problems.
- Can I add YouTube videos and social media buttons?
- Yes! WebPlus makes it easy to incorporate YouTube and other videos, and to add social media buttons to sites without using any technicalities. There’s no need to insert code from external sites, just drag and drop interactive objects and place them where you want – it’s painless. This easy interactivity extends to other gadgets like blogs, forms, maps, search, animated banners, forums, photo galleries and much more.
- Can I build websites that look good on mobiles and tablets as well as regular computers?
- Yes! Matching templates are included for mobiles and larger screens, and there are some smart features that work behind-the-scenes so that your website visitors automatically see the best pages. You can have the same content on both versions of your site, or make the mobile site leaner and better suited to viewing on the go. Each set of pages automatically maintains its own navigation bars, and both regular and mobile pages can be published and hosted alongside each other without conflict.
- Will my published site look like my WebPlus design?
- Yes, and you can prove it to yourself by previewing your website in any browser at any time.
- Can I optimise my site for search engines?
- Yes you can! From the use of on-page style, hidden text, keywords and search-engine-specific optimisations, WebPlus makes it easy to tweak your site to make it more useful for search engine users. Validate and register your website with Google and other search engines, and add Google Analytics so you can monitor your site and make it even better.
- Can I add e-commerce? Can I build a fully functioning store?
- Yes you can! WebPlus includes step-by-step configurators for e-commerce so you’re not left wondering how to proceed. It’s easy to add products, pictures, descriptions, prices, shipping costs and your choice of ‘add to cart’ or other buy buttons. We’ve included PayPal, Mal’s and RomanCart e-commerce setups so you can take orders and accept card payments from all over the world for all manner of purchases, but if you want to add another cart you can do that too. And unlike some other web builders, there’s no limit to the number of e-commerce pages or items per page.
- Am I going to be forced to use Serif hosting or display Serif advertising?
- No! WebPlus X7 is a flexible design program, you are in charge. It can help you with templates, free gadgets, ready-made artwork, intelligent features, hosting options and step-by-step processes to simplify web design, but what your visitors see and where you publish is entirely up to you. Serif doesn’t force you to use any particular service or feature and you can even add entirely new features by plugging in code of your own.
- Are WebPlus websites compatible with popular web browsers?
- Yes, and you can prove it to yourself by previewing your website in any browser of your choosing before you publish, so you know it’ll look perfect for your customers and the world at large. WebPlus has engaging features like animated banners and photo galleries that work on modern mobiles and tablets as well as laptops and desktops.
- Can I open WebPlus X7 files in older versions of the product?
- Yes, we introduced forwards-compatibility in WebPlus X2, so you can open WebPlus X7 files in versions X2, X4, X5, X6 and of course X7. If a newer file is opened in older software, there will likely be some differences due to missing newer features, so it’s recommended to save a backup and work on copies of older files. WebPlus X7 can open files all the way back to WebPlus 7 from 10 years or so ago.
- What can I import and export?
- Import images: JPG, PNG, TIFF, Adobe® Photoshop® PSD, RSS photo gallery feeds, SVG, SVGZ, GIF, J2K, JXR, WDP, HDP, ICO, WMF, EMF, SMF, TGA, PCD, PCX, PSP, SPP, RAS, SUN. Transparency supported. Colour models: CMYK, RGB, HSL and Grayscale colour selectors supported. Import text and pages: Import HTML pages and fragments. Import Microsoft® Word DOC and DOCX, TXT, STT, RTF, WPD, WPS, WRI, ODT text documents, and WebPlus publications and templates from WebPlus 7 (released in 2000) onwards. Import data: SDB, ODBC data sources such as Access, SQL and many more, and copy data from spreadsheets including Excel. Import media and interactivity: YouTube videos, Vimeo videos, MP4, WebM and OGG videos, FLV Flash video and SWF Flash®. MP3, AIFF, WAV audio, Podcasts, RSS feeds, and FDF form data. Incorporate Google Maps, AdSense, Analytics, and Google & Bing Webmaster Validation. Embed your own files of any format for download. Insert Java applets, HTML, JS, JQuery and other web code. Also drag and drop images, text, or other data straight onto your page.
- Publish to: Serif or any other web host. Publish to FTP servers, with easy uploading, one-click publishing, and built-in file management utility. Account details can be saved, and your WebPlus WPP site design file can be backed up to remote servers for safety. Save or export: HTML for publishing online using built-in uploading service, publish as HTML to disk folder, as PDF for reviewing, publish RSS feeds, save text as STT, RTF, TXT, UTX, UTF text files, and save WebPlus WPP publications (compatible with WebPlus X2 onwards) for editing. Also copy and paste content to other programs. Export images: JPG, PNG, TIFF, SVG, SVGZ, WDP, BMP, J2K, GIF, EMF, WMF, SMF. Export selected objects, selected area, or entire pages. Export at any size/resolution. Transparency and changes to colour depth and model offered where supported by the image format.
We’re 100% sure you’ll love any purchase you make from Serif, but if you’re not completely satisfied, simply return your product within thirty days (seven days if you downloaded) and we promise you a full refund.